NetWeaver is SAP’s integrated technology platform ,and is not a product in itself.In fact, new version of basis is called the Netweaver.
The core capabilities of SAP NetWeaver are the integration of people, information, and process
It simply means that it enables you to bring people together and help them work more efficiently.Examples:-
- Portal: - provides industry leading portal technology that delivers unified, personalized, and role-based user access
- Collaboration: - Collaboration promotes cooperation in enterprises using virtual team rooms (Collaboration Rooms), real-time communication (chat and application sharing) and the use of third-party groupware and synchronous collaboration tools (for example, Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes, and WebEx)
- Multi-Channel Access :- With Multi-Channel Access, you can connect to enterprise systems through web-based, voice, mobile, messaging, or radio-frequency technology.
Information integrationIt means you can bring together information from a variety of locations and have it make sense in the context of what your folks do everyday!
- Business Intelligence:- It provides you with reliable tools for creating individual and interactive reports and applications.
- BI Content & BI Content Extensions :- Enables quicker implementation using pre-configured role and task oriented information models in SAP Business Intelligence.
- Knowledge Management:- Allows common access to unstructured information and documents in a distributed storage landscape like Search,Classification,Subscription,Versioning,etc..
- Search and Classification (TREX) :- Provides SAP applications with numerous services for searching, classifying, and text-mining in large collections of documents (unstructured data) as well as for searching in and aggregating business objects (structured data).